What is deferral?

It is the postponing of the start of your studies, if you have:

  • just been made an offer into a program, and/or
  • have not completed any study, or
  • enrolled in any classes.

See: How do I defer my QTAC, UAC or direct offer?

If you have already enrolled or begun study and would like to apply for time off, you need to apply for a Leave of Absence.

International Students
Please follow the instructions at: I am an international student. I wish to defer my offer into a degree program. What should I do?

Was this answer helpful?

Answer ID: 620