Am I eligible for a HECS-HELP loan?
You may be eligible for HECS-HELP if you are:
- an Australian citizen, if you commenced your program prior to 1 January 2013, or
- an Australian citizen, who will undertake in Australia at least one course with your provider, if you commenced your program on or after 1 January 2013, or
- an Australian permanent humanitarian visa holder, and will be resident in Australia for the duration of your courses, or
- an eligible New Zealand Citizen who holds a Special Category visa (SCV)*.
- enrolled in a Commonwealth supported place.
You are not eligible for HECS-HELP if you are:
- an International student;
- a New Zealand citizen who does NOT meet the required criteria*
- the holder of a permanent non-humanitarian visa.
* The Australian Federal Government has recently implemented changes to allow New Zealand citizens who are Special Category Visa holders and who meet the requisite criteria access to HELP loans from 1 January 2016