How do I apply for a HECS-HELP loan?
You need to submit your Request for Commonwealth support and HECS-HELP and your Tax File Number (TFN) by the census date.
To apply for Commonwealth support and HECS-HELP assistance (New Zealand students: Please ;see important note below):
- Log in to myGriffith
- Select 'My courses' from the menu at the top of the screen
- Click the 'Fees' icon at the top of the screen
- Select 'Apply for a HELP loan' under the 'I want to ...' heading
- Complete the Request for Commonwealth support and HECS-HELP (eCAF)
- Provide your Tax File Number (TFN)*.
* If you have not yet received your TFN you can obtain a 'Certificate of Application for a TFN' from the Australian Taxation Office (ATO) or an Australia Post TFN application summary with the matching barcoded receipt, and submit it to your Student Centre by the census date.
Important note for New Zealand students:
Griffith University will contact all New Zealand students who may meet the long-term residency criteria to outline the process to follow.