How do I apply for a HECS-HELP loan?Updated 02/02/2023 01.13 PM
You need to submit your 'Request for Commonwealth support and HECS-HELP' and your Tax File Number (TFN) by the census date.
The Australian Government's Job-ready Graduates Package has introduced new funding regulations that could impact some students. Find out if you may be affected here.
To apply for Commonwealth support and HECS-HELP assistance:
- Log in to myGriffith.
- Select 'Finances' from the main menu.
- Select 'Apply for a HELP loan' in the 'Fee Status' section.
- Complete the 'Request for Commonwealth support and HECS-HELP' (eCAF).
- Provide your Tax File Number (TFN)*
- Provide you Unique Student Identifier (USI)
* If you have not yet received your TFN, you can obtain a 'Certificate of Application for a TFN' from the Australian Taxation Office (ATO) or an Australia Post TFN application summary with the matching barcoded receipt, and submit it to Student Connect by the census date.
Further information can be found at Government HELP loans.