How do I apply for a HECS-HELP loan?

Updated 27/01/2022 10.05 AM

You need to submit your 'Request for Commonwealth support and HECS-HELP' and your Tax File Number (TFN) by the census date.

To apply for Commonwealth support and HECS-HELP assistance:

  1. Log in to myGriffith.
  2. Select 'Finances' from the main menu.
  3. Select 'Apply for a HELP loan' in the 'Fee Status' section.
  4. Complete the 'Request for Commonwealth support and HECS-HELP' (eCAF).
  5. Provide your Tax File Number (TFN)*
  6. Provide you Unique Student Identifier (USI) 

* If you have not yet received your TFN, you can obtain a 'Certificate of Application for a TFN' from the Australian Taxation Office (ATO) or an Australia Post TFN application summary with the matching barcoded receipt, and submit it to Student Connect by the census date.

Further information can be found on the Commonwealth Supported Places and HECS-HELP factsheet and Government HELP loans.

Was this answer helpful?

Answer ID: 469