How do I apply for a HECS-HELP loan?
You need to submit your 'Request for Commonwealth support and HECS-HELP' and your Tax File Number (TFN) by the census date.
To apply for Commonwealth support and HECS-HELP assistance:
- Log in to myGriffith.
- Select 'My courses' from the menu at the top of the screen.
- Click the 'Fees' icon at the top of the screen.
- Select 'Apply for a HELP loan' under the 'I want to ...' heading.
- Complete the 'Request for Commonwealth support and HECS-HELP' (eCAF).
- Provide your Tax File Number (TFN)*.
If you have not yet received your TFN, you can obtain a 'Certificate of Application for a TFN' from the Australian Taxation Office (ATO) or an Australia Post TFN application summary with the matching barcoded receipt, and submit it to Student Connect by the census date.