How do I prepare a research proposal to apply for admission to a higher degree by research (HDR) program?Updated 08/12/2020 02.08 PM
Your draft research proposal should include the following:
- your name
- dissertation/thesis title
- summary of project (max 100 words)
- rationale - brief review of relevant research in the field
- statement of the principal focus of intended research
- significance of the study
- intended methodology and project feasibility
- anticipated project costs (if required by your enrolling school)
- any requirements for specialist equipment or resources.
Your proposal should not be longer than two to three pages. Remember, your research question will provide the key research focus for the full duration of your degree, so it is important that you consult a wide variety of resources and select a topic you feel highly motivated to investigate. For more information about developing a proposal, see our how to apply and download a copy of our higher degrees by research application guide.