Can you help me with my visa for my exchange / study abroad program?

Updated 31/10/2022 03.16 PM

No. As visa requirements are constantly changing, we are not able to provide visa advice. It is your responsibility to ensure you have the correct visa for the country you are entering. Most countries require you to have a student visa in order to study there and the visa usually has to be arranged in advance.

You will not be able to apply for your student visa until you have received your acceptance letter from your host institution, however, check your host country's visa requirements early so you can be prepared in advance. You could make enquiries with your overseas host institution during the application process - they may be able to refer you to the appropriate website or embassy.

A list of country consulates/embassies is available at the Department of Foreign Affairs and Trade.

You can find more pre-departure information at Go global - Before you go.

Was this answer helpful?

Answer ID: 2358