How do I apply for a late enrolment into a course (after the last date to add a course has passed)?
Only in exceptional circumstances* will you be given approval to add a course after the last date for adding courses.
To apply you will need to:
- Ensure your grade point average (GPA) is 4.0 or higher.
- Check the course profile to ensure no assessment is due within five days of date you will submit your form.
- Ensure you have met prerequisites for the course/s.
- Submit the online form Request to add/change course enrolment - login required:
- You need to attach documentary evidence of exceptional circumstances* that prevented you from enrolling during the open enrolment period and prior to the end of Week 2 of trimester.
- Pay the application fee for each late course addition (You will go through the online payment process before you submit the form).
- After the Census date, if you are a full-fee paying student you will be required to pay tuition fees prior to approved courses/s being added to your enrolment.
You can check the progress of your application at My application status.
You can find more information about changing your enrolment in section 7.0 of the Student Administration policy.
* Exceptional circumstances are those that are considered to be beyond your control, that is, a situation occurs that a reasonable person would consider is not due to the person’s action or inaction, either direct or indirect, and for which the person is not responsible. This situation must be unusual, uncommon or abnormal. A lack of understanding of Australian Government Legislation or University Policy is not considered to be beyond a person’s control.