What is a Commonwealth supported student?

Updated 08/06/2022 01.51 PM

A Commonwealth supported student is required to make a contribution to the cost of their education, with the majority of the cost met by the Commonwealth Government.

The Australian Government's Job-ready Graduates Package has introduced new funding regulations that could impact some students. Find out if you may be affected here.

Undergraduate programs: The majority of students who are studying undergraduate programs are Commonwealth supported students.

Postgraduate programs: A small number of Commonwealth supported programs are available for domestic postgraduate students. Please refer to Programs and Courses to see if your postgraduate program is Commonwealth supported.

To find out if you are a Commonwealth supported student:

  1. Log in to myGriffith.
  2. Select 'Finances' from the main menu.
  3. Your fee status will be displayed in the 'Fee Status' section at the top of the page.

Your fee status will confirm whether you are a Commonwealth supported student.

If you require further information or believe your fee status is incorrect, please email us via 'Ask Us a question' and include your student ID number.

Was this answer helpful?

Answer ID: 2085