What happens to my thesis after I graduate?
Once your degree is conferred by the Dean, Griffith Graduate Research School (GGRS), the digital copy of your final thesis is forwarded to the Library for safekeeping for one year (there is a mandatory embargo of one year with effect from conferral date). There are four scenarios that may occur at this stage:
- You may choose to waive the mandatory embargo of one year. Your thesis will be uploaded to the GU Research Theses Repository immediately;
- Following expiration of the mandatory embargo period, your thesis will be uploaded to the GU Research Theses Repository;
- You may require further restricted access to the thesis. For example, if a patent application for intellectual property is under consideration and/or sections of the thesis are awaiting publication. Once the restricted access period expires, your thesis will be uploaded to the GU Research Theses Repository;
- In some instances, you may require a permanent embargo owing to sensitive information in the thesis deemed by the University to be classified information. These theses are then kept permanently by the Library in a safe storage never to be released to the public.
To access the GU Research Theses Repository:
- Go to Research Collections;
- Select the Griffith University Research Theses tab on the left hand column where you can browse or search by title or author.