How do I apply for SA-HELP?
You need to submit your application for SA-HELP by the census date.
To apply for SA-HELP (New Zealand students: Please see important note below):
- Login to myGriffith
- Select 'My courses' from the menu at the top of the screen
- Click the 'Fees' icon at the top of the screen
- Select 'Apply for a HELP loan' under the 'I want to ...' heading
- Ensure the trimester shown at the top of the page is correct (you can change trimesters by selecting the 'Change trimester' link)
- Select the Apply for SA-HELP button
- Complete the Request for SA-HELP assistance form
- Provide your Tax File Number (TFN)*
* If you have not yet received your TFN you can obtain a 'Certificate of Application for a TFN' from the Australian Taxation Office (ATO) , or an Australia Post TFN application summary with the matching barcoded receipt, and submit it to your Student Centre by the census date.
Important note for New Zealand students:
Griffith University will contact all New Zealand students who may meet the long-term residency criteria to outline the process to follow.