How do I apply for SA-HELP?

You need to submit your application for SA-HELP by the census date.

To apply for SA-HELP (New Zealand students: Please see important note below):

  1. Login to myGriffith
  2. Select 'My courses' from the menu at the top of the screen
  3. Click the 'Fees' icon at the top of the screen
  4. Select 'Apply for a HELP loan' under the 'I want to ...' heading
  5. Ensure the trimester shown at the top of the page is correct (you can change trimesters by selecting the 'Change trimester' link)
  6. Select the Apply for SA-HELP button
  7. Complete the Request for SA-HELP assistance form
  8. Provide your Tax File Number (TFN)*

* If you have not yet received your TFN you can obtain a 'Certificate of Application for a TFN' from the Australian Taxation Office (ATO) , or an Australia Post TFN application summary with the matching barcoded receipt, and submit it to your Student Centre by the census date.

You can find out more information about SA-HELP by visiting Study Assist and HELP Loans.

Important note for New Zealand students:

Griffith University will contact all New Zealand students who may meet the long-term residency criteria to outline the process to follow.

Was this answer helpful?
Your rating has been submitted; please tell us how we can make this answer more useful.

Answer ID: 2010