How do I defer my QTAC, UAC or direct offer?
If you have been made an offer into a degree program and have not yet commenced study with Griffith University, you may apply to defer the start of your program.
Step 1: Accept the offer
- UAC applicants - refer to Offers > Deferring
- QTAC applicants - refer to Offers > Deferment
- Direct applicants - follow instructions in your 'Starting at Griffith' email.
Step 2: Check your degree allows for deferrals:
Deferral may not be available in programs where admission is based on special selection criteria. For those programs that allow you to defer we automatically approve up to 12 months deferral for each trimester intake. You should check the Degree and career finder website to see if there are any special selection criteria for your program:
- Search for your degree program
- Click 'How to apply'
- Click 'What is the application process?'
Note: Only programs/degrees that don't allow deferrals will state this.
Step 3: Apply for deferral:
If deferral is available for your program, please email your request to us at firstname.lastname@example.org with the following details:
- your Griffith ID
- your full name
- your date of birth
- the trimester and year that you would like to commence
- the reasons why you would like to defer your commencement
You may be asked to provide additional information by the Admissions Officer to finalise your request.
All Students Please Note: If you have already started your studies you need to see - How do I apply for a leave of absence?