How do I apply for FEE-HELP?

Updated 15/08/2022 12.26 PM

You need to submit your application for FEE-HELP and your Tax File Number (TFN) by the census date.

The Australian Government's Job-ready Graduates Package has introduced new funding regulations that could impact some students. Find out if you may be affected here.

To apply for FEE-HELP:

  1. Login to myGriffith.
  2. Select 'Finances' from the main menu.
  3. From the 'Fee Status' section select 'Apply for HELP loan'.
  4. Ensure the trimester shown at the top of the page is correct (you can change trimesters by selecting the 'Change trimester' link).
  5. Select the Apply for FEE-HELP button*.
  6. Complete the Request for FEE-HELP form (eCAF).
  7. Provide your Tax File Number (TFN)**
  8. Provide your Unique Student Identifier (USI)

Further information can be found on the FEE-HELP factsheet and Government HELP loans.

*You must have completed the pre-enrolment questionnaire in order to apply for FEE-HELP. 

** If you have not yet received your TFN, you can obtain a 'Certificate of Application for a TFN' from the Australian Taxation Office (ATO) , or an Australia Post TFN application summary with the matching barcoded receipt, and submit it to Student Connect by the census date.

Was this answer helpful?

Answer ID: 1866