Am I eligible for a FEE-HELP loan?Updated 08/02/2021 11.44 AM
You may be eligible for FEE-HELP if you are either:
- an Australian citizen who will undertake in Australia at least one unit of study with your provider
- the holder of an Australian permanent humanitarian visa and will be resident in Australia for the duration of your courses
- the holder of an Australian permanent visa who is undertaking bridging study for overseas-training professions, and will be a resident in Australia for the duration of your courses
- an eligible New Zealand citizen who holds a Special Category visa (SCV)* and will be a resident in Australia for the duration of your courses.
- are studying at an approved FEE-HELP provider or through Open Universities Australia (OUA);
- are enrolled in an eligible course of study by the census date for that course;
- have not exceeded the combined.HELP limit; and
- provided your valid Tax File Number (TFN)#
- provide your Unique Student Identifier (USI)
* From 1 January 2016 the Australian Federal Government implemented legislation allowing New Zealand citizens who are Special Category Visa holders and who meet the long term eligibility criteria to access HELP loans. For further information on the long term eligibility criteria visit Government HELP Loans.
# If you have not yet received your TFN you can obtain a 'Certificate of Application for a TFN' from the Australian Taxation Office (ATO) , or an Australia Post TFN application summary with the matching barcoded receipt, and submit it to Student Connect by the census date.
See also: How much will my fees be?