My degree is more than 10 years old, what can I do to apply for Doctor of Medicine (MD)?

Applicants whose degrees were awarded more than 10 years ago are required to show evidence of academic currency by undertaking a minimum of 12 months fulltime equivalent study.

This study must be at degree level or higher but does not have to be a complete qualification, e.g. you may elect to do the first year of a science degree to meet this requirement. However, if the study you undertake is incomplete the GPA used to determine your eligibility will be that of your original completed Bachelors degree.

If your GPA from your original degree is calculated as being below the required 5.00 (calculated using the GEMSAS Schedule) you would need to complete another "key" qualification. This key qualification could be another undergraduate degree, an Honours Degree, Masters Extended or a PhD.

Was this answer helpful?

Answer ID: 1222