My thesis was not submitted by my maximum submission date and my higher degree by research (HDR) candidature has lapsed. What can I do to complete?

Updated 19/08/2021 01.17 PM

If the thesis is not submitted by the due date, and an extension of the maximum period of candidature is not applied for and granted, your candidature will lapse.

However, you can submit your thesis within a period of three years from the lapse of candidature date or by the maximum period for completing the program in accordance with the Student Administration Policy, whichever date is sooner.

This is subject to any conditions imposed by the Dean, GGRS. You may continue to undertake research and writing of the thesis, however, normal privileges (for example, office space, library and computer access) are suspended.

The nature and frequency of access to your supervisory team are at the discretion of the enrolling element and supervisory team.

You must still lodge the Intention to Submit Thesis form via myGrifith > My program > My Candidate Centre two months prior to submitting. 


Was this answer helpful?

Answer ID: 1211