Can I conduct fieldwork and data gathering away from the University?

Yes. You can study away from the University for a period of time for the purpose of conducting fieldwork, data gathering, or to attend a conference. You remain enrolled whilst studying away from the University, and the following approvals are required:
  • periods of less than three months are approved by your principal supervisor
  • periods of three to six months are approved by the HDR convenor; periods of over six to twelve months are approved by the Dean (Research)
  • periods in excess of twelve months are considered to be remote candidature and require a different approval process.
Approval to study away overseas for any period (including conference attendance) must be obtained to ensure the necessary insurance coverage is in place.
Please ensure you read the information provided at study away. A Short Term Study Away Application can be submitted through myGriffith > My research > My Candidate Centre.

Was this answer helpful?

Answer ID: 1192