Can I change from my doctoral program to a research masters program?

Updated 19/08/2021 01.11 PM

Yes. An application to change from Doctoral candidature to a research masters will include a report that:

  • describes the circumstances leading to the request
  • describes the work completed and remaining work to be done
  • gives a timetable for completion of the work
  • gives a projected date for completion of the research masters program, and
  • confirms that for professional doctorate students, the new masters program is in an equivalent field.

Visit program downgrade for full details and submit a Downgrade from PhD to MPhil service request via myGriffith > My program > My Candidate Centre.

Was this answer helpful?

Answer ID: 1189