What type and how much leave is available to higher degree by research (HDR) candidates?

Updated 09/12/2020 01.12 PM
Higher degree by research students have access to the following leave types:
  • leave of absence (requires a reason for request)
  • special leave of absence (requires a reason for request)
  • sick leave (requires a medical certificate)
  • Maternity leave (requires a medical certificate including expected date of confinement)
  • paternity leave (requires a medical certificate with expected date of confinement or date of adoption)
  • adoption leave (requires evidence of adoption)
  • recreation leave (arranged with the supervisor)
Please visit leave for important information including duration limits and impact on scholarship holders. Leave requests can be submitted via myGriffith > My program > My Candidate Centre.

Was this answer helpful?

Answer ID: 1188