What type and how much leave is available to Higher Degree by Research candidates?
Higher Degree by Research students have access to the following leave types:
- Leave of Absence (requires a reason for request)
- Special Leave of Absence (requires a reason for request)
- Sick Leave (requires a medical certificate)
- Maternity Leave (requires a medical certificate including expected date of confinement)
- Paternity Leave (requires a medical certificate with expected date of confinement or date of adoption)
- Adoption Leave (requires evidence of adoption)
- Recreation Leave (arranged with the supervisor)*
*No formal approval is required for recreation leave, however leave should be taken with the agreement of the principal supervisor.
Please visit Leave for important information including duration limits, impact on scholarship holders and the leave application form.