I want to move out and rent a place. What should I pay attention to?

The renting assistance information on the welfare and financial assistance site has some helpful links and resources.

The following information may also help.

Normally you will be asked to sign a Tenancy Agreement and should be given an Entry Condition Report. Make sure you check everything thoroughly before you sign, and keep a copy of all documents in case there is a dispute in the future.

Ensure you are given a receipt for your bond, and that you later receive an official receipt from the Residential Tenancy Authority. You can claim your bond money back when you leave the tenancy. However, the lessor can also make a claim for this bond money if you have not paid all your rent or have damaged the premises.

Keep the receipts for all the rent or other expenses you have paid. You will need this as evidence if there is any dispute in the future.

Further information can also be found at the Residential Tenancies Authority (RTA) website.

If you need help with any tenancy matters, please make an appointment to see a welfare and student liaison officer.

Was this answer helpful?

Answer ID: 1060