Do I have to wait until I start university before I can make a claim for a Centrelink student payment?

Updated 02/09/2022 09.07 AM
If you plan to study full-time, and only claim a payment as a full-time student, you can submit a claim for payment online up to 13 weeks before commencing your course. (Payments depend on commencement of full-time study.)
Contact Centrelink as soon as possible for any other payment claims, such as jobseeker.
For further information, clarification or updates, visit the Centrelink website or call the following numbers:
  • Online Services Support:132 307
  • ABSTUDY: 132 317
  • Youth Allowance and Centrelink: 132 490.

Was this answer helpful?

Answer ID: 1053