Do I have to wait until I start university before I can make a claim for a Centrelink student payment?

Updated 22/01/2020 01.09 PM
If you plan to study full-time, and only claim a payment as a full-time student, you can submit a claim for payment online up to 13 weeks before commencing your course.
If you wish to claim a payment prior to studying, you may need to claim as a jobseeker until studies commence and should contact Centrelink as soon as possible.
For further information, clarification or updates, visit the Centrelink website or call the following numbers:
  • Online Services Support:132 307
  • ABSTUDY: 132 317
  • Youth Allowance and Centrelink: 132 490.

Was this answer helpful?

Answer ID: 1053